Auto generated comments seem to ignore language settings.

Topics: Issues
Nov 13, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Hi,
I am using a german windows, and Visual Studio with english language pack. Everything is in english except auto generated comments that appear for example if I click on "Add documentation for 'XYException' exception [Exceptional] ".
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Regards
Lars
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM
I think this is because your installed .NET Framework (SDK) is in german and not english... Is this possible?
Nov 14, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Just for the record:
I had .Net framework installed, and a language pack called .net framework german.
However, after removing everything related to .net, uninstalling visual studio, downloading .net framework explicitly set to english from microsoft, and reinstalling visual studio english version, then setting my whole windows interface language to english, I was still getting german comments.

The trick is to go to "Region and Language" system settings, first tab "Format", set format to english. My interface language is set back to german, and comment language seems to be only dependent on this format setting. Its apparently loaded when Visual Studio is launched, so changing this to english, starting visual studio, then switching back to german produces english comments.

Thanks
Lars