Join the Team

Topics: General
Nov 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Hi all

I would like to help to improve this very usefull plugin.

I have already implemented a small feature (see Suppress exceptions with comment

But I'm not so familiar with Git and CodePlex. I would like to share my "new feature" and work on some other issues.

What are my next Steps? A Pull request?

Thanks

Amberg
Coordinator
Nov 15, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Hi Amberg,

This is so good to hear from you and I am happy that you want to contribute.

Please contact me via contact form so that we could work out the details.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Bartek.
Nov 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Done
did you receive the email?
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Edited Apr 17, 2014 at 9:39 PM
Hey guys,
any new developments ? I realy like this plugin and I was thinking of porting it to the new model for Resharper extensions, but first let me ask you... Can I help you guys with anything regarding this project ?

hoping for some feedback,
Nuno Costa
Coordinator
Apr 18, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Hello Nuno!

It's great to era that you're willing to help. Actually this project is dead because of me not having enough time to move it forward. Do you want to take ownership and develop it further? I would love to see it ported to the newest Resharper extensions model and enhanced with new features.

Please contact me directly to discuss.

Thanks,
Bartek.
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Edited Oct 17, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Hi amberg, are you still willing to help develop this plugin?
Oct 17, 2014 at 11:16 PM
I've started with a own fork and updated to the newest Resharper a while ago. (See my link to the ticket). I would like to help to improve this plugin. It would help my and this project.
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2014 at 3:25 PM
I've seen that, the problem is that we are currently working on the "resharperV8.2" branch and will merge it back to master soon... I think it will be hard to use your code with the current code base...

I personally think that it is not a very good idea to document exception which can be ignored. The exception documentation is part of the public API and if a exception can be ignored then why is it documented?

What we need is a way to add a comment to ignore a warning.
E.g.

// ReSharper ignore warning Exceptional
throw new ArgumentException("foo");

which disables the warning on the throw line...
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Guys,

I am happy to see that the you're pushing the development forward. Keep the good work going!

Cheers,
Bartek.