Roadmap/Active development?

May 30, 2011 at 7:03 AM

Hi,

I would like to know if this nice plugin is still actively supported (as there does not seem to be a lot of progress on it) and if there exists something like a roadmap for it.

I have one feature request (if it is not possible already):

I would like to be able to suppress certain exception warnings whenever I'm sure there are no strings attached (i.e. in string.Format() where I'm sure there are no exceptions possible, because I set the string/params correctly).

Br, Martin

Coordinator
May 30, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Hi!

I would like it to be actively developed but unfortunately I have no time doing that... any one interested in helping continue this project?

Bartek.

Developer
Aug 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Hi!

I've upgraded the plugin to 6.0 RTM, and fixed a couple of bugs (whitespace / naming).
You can download the modified source at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17415256/Exceptional.zip.
Otherwise, you can PM me the details and I'll try to check it in directly.

Can't guarantee any continued efforts, but I really wanted this plugin, so I just had to make it work. ;)

Except removing "Node" from the end of a lot of JetBrains types in most files, I've mainly modified the following files:
AssemblyInfo.cs (added my name)
NameFactory.cs (now suggests variable names properly)
DocCommentBlockModel.cs (proper whitespacing and indention)
ReferenceExpressionModel.cs (proper whitespacing, didn't break after comment for instance)

Lars-Erik

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Hi!

It is very nice to hear that someone really needs this plug-in. I can make you a contributor so you can check-in your work and prepare a release of a version compatible with R#6.0.

Regards,

Bartek.

Developer
Aug 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM
Edited Aug 12, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Cool, I’ll give it a go.

Not quite sure about building the setup though, unfamiliar with WiX.

Lars-Erik

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Welcome on board! :)
Please check-in your changes and then we will think about set up :)

Bartek.

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Hi martin, this is now possible in the latest version.